Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Another Conclusion & Project Lo.ve

Imagine if God had to spend time on earth before reigning as King in Heaven. He probably would've spent more than a lifetime in school, because He created everything, so meticulously. Besides salvation, the cross, agape love and unending grace, what was His best, smartest and most intelligent creation? 

To me, this is it:

God made people, for people, to love people and for people to repeat the exact same cycle.

I've come to love this cycle, so much more than I thought I did. Because within every comma, there are details that stir up so much in our hearts. And we know we can't hide it. 

We need to love, out of an overflow; an overflow of gratitude. 

It was because of this 'moment of epiphany' and inspiration from a dear school mate that I officially began Project Lo.ve. It's my year long deal with God that most won't know or hear about from me. Ask me when the year is up, maybe I'd tell then. It most definitely involves people. I'm starting small, and where God leads, I'll move to bigger numbers. I don't know what the results will be like, but I'm trusting enough to carry this through, faithfully.

I came to a mini crossroad at the lines of my heartstrings, thinking about this:
Friends for keeps.

Ultimately, who are the people you'd want to keep, for good? As much as we'd all like to keep our friendships, we know for a fact that people always leave, unless you keep them. 

You make them stay. Give them reason to, before they even get close to leaving.

It's about adding value to their lives, even if they don't reciprocate. It's about standing on their side when they're right and being the one to support and encourage them when they're wrong. 

And you do all that, without conditions or limits. 

It's not just about being a nice person, it's about investing time and effort to appreciate and truly value someone. 

People are drawn to love in this measure, aren't they? 

To those I've not been loving enough, give me some time. And to my dear Sengkang girls, I hope you all know I care. In fact, I love. 

Friend, I hope you're for keeps. Otherwise, I'm keeping you.
I can't promise I'll succeed, but I promise to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home